Cable Clutch Conversion Kit with Pedal and Pedal Stop for 65-66 Mustang
Complete KIT for 65-66 Mustang with Clutch Pedal & Pedal Stop
Not recommended to use with long tube headers.
As shown in the picture, includes:
Adjustable cable stop
Cable with 3″ adjusting threads at bottom
Pedal with quadrant already welded on
Clutch pedal stop (bolts to pedal support)
Plastic flange bushings for pedal shaft (2)
Shaft washer & cotter pin
Everything you need to convert from automatic to five speed!
Includes Clutch Pedal and pedal stop.
NO WELDING REQUIRED !!!
Automatic brake pedal is same as manual – just trim the foot pad part so it is a mirror image of the
Fits 65 to 66 Mustangs (and other Fords using similar clutch pedal)
This kit will allow you to modify your clutch pedal to a later model type quadrant setup for use in installation of a cable operated clutch, especially useful when installing a late model T-5 or Tremec manual transmission.
Unlike any other aftermarket cable clutch conversion, this fully welded quadrant kit offers several advantages:
- Welded construction will never come loose from constant use.
- No under designed clevis or other small parts to wear out or break (cable attachment points)
- Pulls the cable with a constant radius, unlike the single lever type – keeps cable pulling straight from cable housing.
- Transfers forces to the cable directly in line with the clutch pedal – no twisting motion to bend the arm.
- A whole lot cheaper to install – the do-it-yourselfer can build it for the price of a quadrant plus the cost of a new cable.
- Fits with the MustangSteve POWER BRAKE BOOSTER conversion (visit the Power Brake Conversion page)
- Fits with MustangSteve BALL BEARING CLUTCH PEDAL SHAFT Conversion (visit the Ball Bearing Clutch Pedal page)
- Virtually eliminates clutch chatter caused by loose clutch actuation linkage.
YES, it takes a bit more effort to install this conversion, but you already know that the easiest stuff is seldom the best.
This setup requires you to remove the clutch pedal and pedal support for installation of the quadrant.
You need to take the pedal out to replace bushings and get rid of those big springs anyway when converting to cable operation.
You will be rewarded by years of trouble free service and simple cable replacement access should you ever need to replace the cable.
The MustangSteve CABLE CLUTCH CONVERSION will make your car feel like a modern car with a smoothly operatingclutch.
NOTE: Later model 10″ or 10-1/2″ diaphragm type clutch is required.
FORD RACING King Cobra works great.
(10-1/2″ clutch requires late model bolt pattern on flywheel).
|Dimensions||16 × 12 × 6 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.